The Cricket Coach First Aid Appointed Person Award (CCFAAP) is a joint initiative between the English & Welsh Cricket Board (ECB) and The Swimming Teachers Association (STA).
The CCFAAP award was created to ensure that the approved person can:
- Take charge of the first aid arrangements and call the emergency services when required.
- Deal with incidents that may arise whilst coaching or playing cricket.
It also covers more general first aid which includes:
- What to do in an emergency
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- First aid for the unconscious casualty
- First aid for the wounded or bleeding
- First aid equipment
- Employers risk assessment of first aid needs
All cricket coaches must demonstrate the ability to carry out the listed first aid activities in a safe manner; including preparations and administering CPR.
If you have any questions about CCFAAP then contact Complete Cricket on 07886 689941 or email firstname.lastname@example.org