Complete Cricket are delighted to announce details of an expanded Complete Cricket Academies programme for 2018/19 and would like to invite your son/daughter to join this coming winter.
The number of academies has doubled, from the 5 offered in Warwickshire to 10 now offered in Warwickshire and Worcestershire. The sessions will also start a month earlier than previously, to enable players to continue their skills development without a prolonged break and prepare better for county and district trials.
Complete Cricket are also excited to announce the launch of some specialist academies – in pace bowling, spin bowling, playing spin and wicket keeping – which will run fortnightly on Saturday afternoons at Solihull School. Further information on these specialist academies will be issued shortly.
Head Batting Coaches
- Dominic Ostler(Warwickshire CCC 1990 – 2004)
- Alexei Kervezee (Former Holland and Warwickshire CCC batsman)
- Marie Kelly (current Warwickshire CCC Womens captain)
- David Smith (Director Complete Cricket & Level 3 ECB Coach)
Head Seam Bowling Coaches
- Tom Milnes(Warwickshire CCC & Derbyshire CCC 2011 -2014 present)
- Henry Brookes (Warwickshire C.C.C – Present)
Head Spin Bowling Coach
- Jamie Spires (Warwickshire CCC 1999 – 2004 & Director Complete Cricket)
Wicket Keeping Coaches
- Nick Sale(Present Birmingham League W/K for Knowle & Dorridge CC)
- Ben Griffin (Warwickshire CCC Academy / 2nd XI)
Strength & Conditioning
- Core (a specialist S&C company) www.coreclinics.co.uk
Complete Cricket Academies
The Academy will be for County or District standard only OR any individuals that we believe have the required ability and by enrolling your son/daughter in the academy they will benefit from the following:
- Individually tailored coaching programs geared specifically at improving your child’s game from current and past professional cricketers
- Bowling Machines and Video Analysis using up to date technology including use of the state of the art Merlyn Spin machine (at Solihull School sessions only)
- Group Nets and Match Scenarios
- Specialist coaching for Batsman, Pace/Spin Bowlers and Wicketkeepers
- Specialist fielding sessions and techniques
- Tactical sessions focusing on field placements and captaincy scenarios
- Fitness programmes and testing
- Biomechanics advice
- Academy Players of the Year win a Hawk Cricket bat (www.hawkcricket.com)
What’s New for 2018
- 24 Sessions instead of 20 to prepare players better for county and district trials.
- 2 Girls Academy – Split into U12 and U13+
- NEW Boys U17’s + academy
- Specialist company Core Clinics will be responsible for academy S&C.
- New equipment including speed gun/zwingo / further use of video analysis
- Parent Days – Opportunity for parents to watch academy training on specific dates (To be advised in due course)
- Elite Academy Package
Elite Academy Package
- 4 detailed video analysis reports over 24 weeks.
- Extensive movement and postural analysis programme including DIERS scan used to prevent stress fractures.
Academy Venues, Dates, Times and Costs
|Academy cost||Elite Package|
|Day||Venue||Christmas term dates||Easter term dates||Times||Academy||per player||per sibling||per player||per sibling|
|Monday||Solihull School||3rd September – 17th December exc 29th October (15 sessions)||28th January – 1st April exc 18th February (9 sessions)||5.30pm – 7.30pm||Boys U10||£850||£800||£1,250||£1,200|
|7.30pm – 9.30pm||Boys 17+||£850||£800||£1,250||£1,200|
|South Bromsgrove School||3rd September – 17th December exc 19th & 26th November (14 sessions)||n/a (venue unavailable after Christmas)||6.00pm – 8.00pm||9-12 years||£500||£475||£750||£700|
|Tuesday||Solihull School||4th September – 18th December exc 30th October (15 sessions)||29th Jan – 2nd April exc 19th February (9 sessions)||5.30pm – 7.30pm||Boys U11||£850||£800||£1,250||£1,200|
|7.30pm – 9.30pm||Boys U13||£850||£800||£1,250||£1,200|
|Wednesday||Solihull School||5th September – 19th December exc 31st October (15 sessions)||30th January – 3rd April exc 20th February (9 sessions)||5.30pm – 7.30pm||Boys U12||£850||£800||£1,250||£1,200|
|7.30pm – 9.30pm||Boys U15||£850||£800||£1,250||£1,200|
|Thursday||Solihull College||6th September – 20th December exc 1st November (15 sessions)||31st January – 4th April exc 21st February (9 sessions)||6.30pm – 8.00pm||Girls U12||£650||£600||£1,050||£1,000|
|Bromsgrove School||6th September – 20th December exc 25th October & 1st November (13 sessions)||17th January – 4th April exc 21st & 28th February (11 sessions)||7.00pm – 9.00pm||13+ academy||£850||£800||£1,250||£1,200|
|Friday||Solihull School||7th September – 21st December exc 2nd November (15 sessions)||1st February – 5th April exc 22nd February (9 sessions)||6.00pm – 8.00pm||Girls 13+ academy||£850||£800||£1,250||£1,200|
How to Book
We have made the decision to limit each academy session to 24 places and places will be available on a first come first served basis. If you would like your son/daughter to be part of any of the academies please email email@example.com, and once places have been confirmed payment of 50% will be required by 1st September 2018 to secure your place(s).
Please pay by BACs to the account below referencing your son/daughter’s name:
Account name – Complete Cricket International Limited
Sort Code – 20-77-62
Account number – 83254747
*Please note that once places have been booked, any sessions missed can be transferred to another academy group that week (subject to places being available) but they are not transferrable to 1:1 sessions.
Academy clothing is available to purchase directly from Hawk’s website. They have a range of training wear available, and we would recommend the following Training Bundle, should you wish to purchase kit: http://www.hawkcricket.com/store/Training-Bundle-p82530153
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
David Smith & Jamie Spires
Complete Cricket Academy Directors